Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Holloween and more...

Halloween started early for me. I went to a get together organized by my friend Brian on Halloween eve at his place off campus. We walked to his place at around 9.30pm. People were dressed up in different costumes. There were witches, devils, lumberjack and others. A few of the international students including myself did not dressed up but mixed and match our cloths and came up with something. We played Wii and card games. I was introduced to different card games that were played all over the world. There were games from Finland to Ethiopia and of course American card games. I learnt a whole need set of card games. Later we left the party and wanted to go back to the dorms.

When I was resting in my room, Sully called me to join her at another party that was organized by the Maverick Bullpen which is the game room area. It was open day where we get to play pool and bowling for free. People were all dressed up in different and weird costumes and it was funny in some of them. One guy was a stripper while another cross-dressed. There was even a group of friends who dressed up in the whole complete set of characters from ‘Alice in Wonderland’ including Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, Cheshire cat and the Queen of Hearts. It was really cool. There was a costume completion, lucky draws and a band playing. We play pool for a while before the announcement for the costume competition was announced. Not surprising the winner for the competition was the stripper. It was so funny when after he was awarded his prize; his friends took a photo of him being hand cuffed in all kinds of positions. We left after the party and that was when I realized I lost my phone. I went back and tried looking for it but could not find it. I tried calling it but the battery died soon after as there was not much battery left. I really hope someone would find it and give it back to me. I posted notices around the campus so I can only hope that it will be returned to me if it is found as soon as possible as I really need the phone for a lot of other functions like for time and alarm clock.

Overall Halloween was fun but the bummer was my lost phone. It was great to dress up and see people going all out in their costumes. It sucked as I now have to buy a new phone and phones here are exp. I love Malaysia more now....

Till then...Ciao=)

No comments: