Thursday, September 24, 2009

I WON!!! I WON!!!!

Today was such an AWESOME day taht I have to blog about it!!!! I went to St Peter Regional Treatment Centre for community service and ended up with so much more. There was a Diversity Event held by the St Peter Regional Treatment Centre and Sully, Isabel and I went for it. We had to bring things from our home country to promote our country to the inmates. We were there since 10am and Karla and Bert, the representatives from the Centre brought us to St Peter. I was excited as it was my first trip out of Mankato. We reached the Centre and set up our tables and started sharing with everybody that came by. It was fun. We talked for hours. Although the inmates were all classified as mentally ill and dangerous, the people that came were quite fun to be with. They were very engaging and asked a lot of interesting questions. Now I know how the Tourism board people feel when they go around the world promoting Malaysia in exhibitions. After the event, Bert took us around St Peter and when she heard that we have not seen an apple tree before, she drove us to a staff member’s house name Catherine who had an apple tree in her yard. We had fun and I got to pick my first apple from an apple tree=) After that Bert drove us back to Mankato. It was a short but fun trip and I was so thankful that Bert brought us around without us asking. That was so hospitable of them.

later after dinner, there was Fire Dance in the field in front of the Performance Art Theatre. It started at 8pm. Went there with Nanayah, Nargiza, Lennard and Sully. We saw the performance and it was GOOD! The girls were hot but the guys were not...LOL...love the performance though. Had so much fun with the stuff that they laid out for us to play with and we even got to play the drums for the event=) came back to the dorm at 9.30 and met Mike and the gang in the lounge and they told me that the Study Buck draw was at 10pm later. Went to my room and took my bucks and went down to the lobby to see what was there. Prize 1 was a free T-shirt and some candies. Prize 2 (which was what Mike and the rest was aiming for) was a box of PopCorn and some chick flick and Prize 3 was DVD of season 4 of Entourage. I wanted a free T shirt and so I put my bucks into the 1st jar. When the draw started, low and behold, I WON!!!! so now I have a free T-shirt and a lot of candy. Gave Mike and the rest some but i took the sniker bars and 100 grand chocolates=)So happy!!!

So that in short concludes my day today. So happy! It was a GOOD DAY!!!=)

Till then...CIAO=)

No comments: