Monday, January 4, 2010

Winter Break Stop 5-Philadelphia,Pennsylvania to Washington DC

Started the next day at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Went to the independence Hall and Liberty Bell!!! Again as we had breakfast already, we manage 2 enter Independence Hall!!! Took a few pciture around the courtyard but couldnt enter the place as it would only open at 9am and we need 2 leave by 9.15am. Saw the first Public Library created by Ben Franklin though!!

Next was the walk 2 the US Mint! I WAS EXCITED!!! I'm was thinking of seeing if they have coins for exchange and there they ahd a machine that would dispence the latest quarter and it was the Southern Samoa Islands!!! Went to the cashier and managed 2 get another US Virgin Island quarter. The only regret was that I should have bought the Deleware quarter! Hopefully whith this 4 months I will somehow manage 2 get it!!! After that, we were on our way 2 Washington DC..AGAIN!!!..LOL

We went 2 just outside of the White House and took a few pictures. then we went Capitol Hill and took another few pictures before heading towards the Smithosian Musuem of Natural History. Instead of going to that which i had alrady see, i went to the National Gallery of Art and took a few pictures of the presidential portraits...felt so much more meaningful to me=)

Finally was the Jefferson Memorial which YR and I had not visited prior to this visit! when we saw it it was just AWESOME! Didnt know that Jefferson's Statue stood looking directly at the White House in a straight line to remind past and present Presidents that I'M WATCHING YOU! Govern my people wisely!!LOL.. had some drama on the way but hopefully it doesnt hurt my score of my test;P

Went to the Lincoln Memorial next and finally found the spot where Martin Luther King gave his famous I Have a Dream Spot~ It was engraved on the steps and ppl keep telling me that it was a sign on the steps but no one bothered to mention that it was an engraving to the floor! wasted my energy last time running up and down the steps looking 4 something taht is reflective..LOL..Saw the Korean Memorial which we missed last visit and man was it creepy 2 visit it at night with all the 19 statues randomly placed in those positions! LOL.

Finally the bus took us all the way 2 Maryland to stay at the Marriott hotel. We went out 4 dinner and saw a Malaysian restaurant but the price was over the roof so we went 4 Thai food instead. It was still good. Bathe and a few minutes of waiting 4 a free wifi later, hence me writing this post to u=)

Over all The Mint in Philly and the National Gallery of Art were the BEST for today! I love it ! It was like I could stay there forever making my own coins!!! LOL...Tomorrow Niagra Falls!!! The wonderful Works of Nature!! Cant WAIT!!! Wat can I say, i'm a sucker for Art and Nature=)

Till then...Ciao=)

No comments: